Authorities are warning about another Covid19 outbreak in the fall. Besides the mass efforts necessary to participate in (masks, social distancing, etc), there are numerous things you can do as an individual that will make sure your body is functioning at its optimum so you have the least chances of getting sick. Here are some things you can do to keep your system as strong as possible when you need it the most.…
- Exercise. Movement increases metabolism & blood flow. This increases the speed of nutrient delivery and removal of toxins. Exercise for 30-40 minutes at least 3-4 times/week.
- Adequate Water. Roughly two-thirds of the body’s content is water. Almost every process in your body requires water. Dehydration slows down all systems and is an overall weakened state. A good place to start is 8 eight ounce glasses/day.
- Fortify with Supplements. Our food is lacking the necessary nutrients/vitamins we need to have the strongest immune system possible. This is why supplements are a must for not only healthy nutrition but also fortifying your defenses. A multi vitamin/mineral, essential fat/fish oil, extra calcium, vitamin C and pro-biotics top the list.
- Proper Nutrition. Avoid sugar, fast food & soft drinks; these foods make your system weak, drain your energy and eventually cause diseases. The strongest soil is created by a diet that’s rich in vegetable fiber, protein & essential fats in controlled, balanced proportions.
- Chiropractic Care. Your immune system is controlled by your nervous system. If you want the strongest immune system possible, you must have a nerve supply that functions at 100%. Chiropractic care reduces pinched nerves so your nervous system can function without interference.
Perhaps the title of this article should be ‘Things you already know but could be doing better’! If you’re not sure where to start, want more details or would like some advice about how to do improve any of these areas, ask one of our chiropractors on your next visit or to make an appt, CLICK HERE.